Physical Workout of the Day:
- Every Minute on the Minute for 10 minutes of:
- 11 Burpees
Set a timer for 10 minutes and have it beep on every minute interval. Complete the 11 burpees within each minute and rest the remainder of each minute. If you are unable to complete any one of the minute rounds, the penalty will be 25 squats per missed round. If you would like to scale this workout, choose a number of burpees that you can complete within one minute with less than 30 seconds of rest. Choose a number of no less than 7 burpees.
Mental Workout of the Day:
Alternate nostril breathing is a great way to balance the mind and body. Personally, as a result of doing 5-8 minutes per day of alternate nostril breathing, I feel I have more balance mentally and am much more calm throughout the day.
Today’s workout will be to do 9-20 cycles of alternate nostril breathing followed by 5-10 minutes of meditation. One cycle is as follows:
- Sit comfortably, preferably with the spine upright, either in a chair or in a cross-legged position.
- Place the right index and middle finger between the eyebrows, while the left hand faces upward resting on your thigh.
- Press the right thumb down on the right nostril and exhale though the left nostril.
- Inhale through the left nostril and then press the right ring finger on the left nostril exhaling through the right nostril.
- Inhale through the right nostril, then pressing the thumb against the right nostril exhaling through the left nostril.
- You have completed one cycle of alternate nostril breathing.
Remember that the breaths should be natural and not forced. After you have completed as many rounds as you feel comfortable with, sit in meditation for 5-10 minutes.
“There is no thing that is not of God. All things spring from the Source of All-That-Is. As an extension of Eternal Life, you are forever guided, forever protected, only needing to listen to that silent Presence within.”