Physical Workout of the Day:
- “DEATH BY…”
This workout is done on a continuously running clock. Start the timer and for the first 60 seconds do 1 burpee and rest the remaining time of that 60 seconds. When it hits the second minute (61-120) seconds do 2 burps and rest the remaining time of that minute. When it hits the third minute (121-180 seconds) do 3 burps and rest the remaining minute. The time stops when you can no longer do the amount of burpees required in the corresponding minute.
My Score = 15 Rounds + 15 reps
Shauna’s Score = 15 Rounds + 13 reps
Mental Workout of the Day:
Alternate Nostril Breathing
Alternate nostril breathing is a great way to balance the mind and body. Personally, as a result of doing 5-8 minutes per day of alternate nostril breathing, I feel I have more balance mentally and am much more calm throughout the day.
Today’s workout will be to do 9-20 cycles of alternate nostril breathing followed by 5-10 minutes of meditation. One cycle is as follows:
- Sit comfortably, preferably with the spine upright, either in a chair or in a cross-legged position.
- Place the right index and middle finger between the eyebrows, while the left hand faces upward resting on your thigh.
- Press the right thumb down on the right nostril and exhale though the left nostril.
- Inhale through the left nostril and then press the right ring finger on the left nostril exhaling through the right nostril.
- Inhale through the right nostril, then pressing the thumb against the right nostril exhaling through the left nostril.
- You have completed one cycle of alternate nostril breathing.
Remember that the breaths should be natural and not forced. After you have completed as many rounds as you feel comfortable with, sit in meditation for 5-10 minutes.
“It’s often easy to forget how far we’ve come. Think back at the times in your life that seemed most difficult and how every time you made it through.”