Physical Workout of the Day:
As Many Rounds As Possible in 15 minutes:
- 4 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups or Regular Pull-Ups or Assisted Pull-Ups
- 8 Dips or Bench Dips
- 16 Jumping Lunges or Alternating Reverse Lunges
Shauna’s Rounds = 12 + 2 Dips
My Rounds = 12 rounds
Mental Workout of the Day:
Alternate nostril breathing is a great way to balance the mind and body. Personally, as a result of doing 5-8 minutes per day of alternate nostril breathing, I feel I have more balance mentally and am much more calm throughout the day.
Today’s workout will be to do 9 cycles of alternate nostril breathing followed by 5-10 minutes of meditation. One cycle is as follows:
- Sit comfortably, preferably with the spine upright, either in a chair or in a cross-legged position.
- Place the right index and middle finger between the eyebrows, while the left hand faces upward resting on your thigh.
- Press the right thumb down on the right nostril and exhale though the left nostril.
- Inhale through the left nostril and then press the right ring finger on the left nostril exhaling through the right nostril.
- Inhale through the right nostril, then pressing the thumb against the right nostril exhaling through the left nostril.
- You have completed one cycle of alternate nostril breathing.
Remember that the breaths should be natural and not forced. After you have completed the 9th round, sit in meditation for 5-10 minutes.
“The blessings that await us can only be received through our own opening of the door. It always happens through us, never to us. ”